■Position1: System Software Engineer (PlayStation, Video codec library)
We are developing the system software of PlayStation. Our team is especially in charge of developing libraries of audio and video codec.
While communicating with game and application developers, we design, develop and evaluate SDK for our game console. We also work closely with development teams of system software features which utilize audio and video codecs. The other important aspect of our team is to design and develop libraries which take full advantage of state-of-the-art dedicated hardware.
You will join the development team of video codec library.
- Design and develop robust and flexible software which is durable for every periodic update during the long product life cycle
- Evaluate and test software solutions we have developed
- Prepare SDK documents and samples with SDK release team
- Support game and application developers by answering questions and requests with developer relations team
- Analyze requirements of system software features and provide appropriate functionality for the purpose
- Proficiency in C/C++ is a must
- Knowledge and experience of object oriented design and programming is highly preferred
- Knowledge of digital signal processing is highly preferred
- Knowledge of design and programming of device drivers for Linux or FreeBSD is preferred
- Basic knowledge of video codecs like H.264 and H.265 is preferred
- Experience in GPU programing is preferred
■Position2:System Software Engineer (PlayStation, Home entertainment system)
The team develops audio system software and SDK for home entertainment system. It includes device drivers, signal processing modules and interface to peripherals. Also libraries and tools for application developers. As well as periodical updates of the system software, we release SDK to our customers, video game application developers. The main responsibilities of the position is design and develop software modules and integrate them into the system. The design and implementation needs careful consideration of stakeholders' needs, technical limitations and schedule. Most of the modules are required to be highly optimized for efficient use of system resources. It's required to work closely with other engineering members and audio expert teams at globally different locations, and also interacting with product planning, hardware engineers, developer support and game developers.
High level of programming skill (C/C++) - such as experinece of thousands of lines of code.
Understanding of computer architecture and operating system architecture.
Knowledge of digital signal processing.
Nice to have ability of multi-thread programming and real time systems.
■Position3:Graphics Software Engineer (PlayStation)
As a Graphics Software Engineer, you will be working on core graphics technologies for the platform.
(Ex: Graphics related Kernel/User Mode Driver, Graphics SDK Library, Performance and Debugging Tools.)
Design and program low level graphics components to be used by development teams around the world
Create clean, efficient, and well tested code
Support 1st and 3rd party development teams across the world
Collaborate with our sister technology groups on global projects
Write high quality user documentation
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
Strong knowledge of Graphics.
Strong knowledge of Computer architecture background (Parallel computing)
Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
Strong knowledge of industry standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, libGCM, Gnm Library)
Strong knowledge of assembly level programming languages
Desire to understand hardware at a low level
Knowledge of shader programming languages (PSSL/HLSL/GLSL/Cg) Preferred
Experience with GPGPU or Compute Shaders Preferred
■Position4:Software Engineer (PlayStation, Realtime Communication Service)
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop software components for Realtime Communication Service running on various clients including Game Console (PS4) and Mobile (iOS, Android) of PlayStation Network. Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering the latest technology trends, defining system functionality orchestrated with server system and writing code in C, C++. Our ideal candidates are familiar with agile software development with CI/CD from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that contributes the first-class experience for tens of millions of players in PlayStation Network.
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Familiar with network protocols, security and cryptographic algorithms especially for Chromium and/or WebRTC
- Experience designing and coding network applications with streaming medias (voice, video, etc)
- Ability to develop large, cross-platform software in C, C++
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (build system, toolchains) especially for GN/Ninja
■Position5:Site Reliability Engineer (PlayStation Network)
Site Reliability Engineer for PlayStation Network: PlayStation Network is the network platform service for PlayStation and provides account, commerce, social network, and online game features for game developers and tens of millions of global customers. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will design, build and run PlayStation Network services, and ensure the services have high-reliability and availability with appropriate performance to deliver delightful user experience.
- Engage in the whole lifecycle of products from their inception and design, to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Continuously monitor, measure and improve KPIs including uptime, latency, throughput, capacity and cost.
- Leverage automation to have efficient and sustainable operations.
- Practice sustainable incident response participating in on-call rotation and preventative measures.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL and Load Balancing.
- Understanding of traditional and distributed database technologies
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment and Cloud, e.g. AWS"
■Position6:System Software Engineer (PlayStation System Software, SDK)
SIE Global Developer Technology Division is looking for an engineer to join a team responsible for development, debug, delivery and technical support of PlayStation System Software and its SDK.
The mission of thi group is to support development and integration of media streaming services.
The group expects you to Basic / Specific Design for large-scale Software, including coding, debugging and testing that includes;
- able to carry out work from design to debug and test instead of doing all the work partly
- able to ensure the quality of the software
- able to come up with new ideas to achieve given tasks
- able to provide appropriate level of technical support for inquiries from developers in a timely manner
- able to contribute to publishing cutting edge media streaming services on PlayStation
・Proficiency in C/C++ is a must
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Audio/Video Streaming Technolories, such as codecs, degital rights management, streaming format and media playback framework is highly preferred
・Project experiences in software development
- Familiar with the process such as designing, coding, debugging, testing
- able to collaborate with internal / external teams in both verval and writing
- able to enjoy cross-cultural communication
Details and apply for full-time R&D Engineer Communication
Details and apply for full-time R&D Engineer algorithm
Details and apply for full-time Machine Learning Engineer
Bachelor : around 51,000 USD above
Master : around 56,000 USD above
PhD : around 60,000 USD above
・Dormitory Support and Commuting Expense
2/3 of the dormitory fee and full commuting expense will be paid by company.
・Arrival allowance will be paid
・Statutory taxes, social insurance premiums, health insurance fees and all other payments required to be paid by Japanese laws will be deducted from your monthly salary.
・Japanese language training will be provided.
・Visa expenses will be borne by Sony.
・Moving expenses will be borne by Sony.